Sales Inventory & Operations Planner Tarrytown, New York
Job Ref: 35865
MUST HAVE A STRONG FOOD MANUFACTURING BACKGROUND AND CAN BUILD A SALES INVENTORY PROCESS FROM TOP TO BOTTOM !!!
Sales Inventory & Operations Planner
Direct Hire Tarrytown NY
Basically they want to find either a senior demand planner OR S&OP and Process Improvement projects manager type of candidate. Someone who can build an S&OP process from top to bottom.
- Working closely with the Director of Logistics and other leaders across the company to coordinate the planning and successful execution of materials coming into, being produced, and leaving the company to its customers. The three key success criteria for this role include:
- Perfect orders (delivered on time, as ordered, damage free to customers)
- Total inventory ($)
- Increased forecast accuracy (%)
- Critical job responsibilities include:
- Execute all facets of the SI&OP process to provide an optimum customer service level and working capital performance as defined by the organization’s business operating plans and strategic objectives.
- Partner with the marketing and sales, to ensure the demand consensus process delivers an agreed upon, workable volume forecast (mid and long term); ensure gaps and overlaps are addressed, scenarios are completed, and issues appropriately escalated to senior leadership
- Create a demand forecast with cross functional team.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, Logistics, Manufacturing, Purchases, and Finance to ensure that the appropriate data is available and accurate to be reviewed at the S&OP process meetings
- Lead the S&OP management reviews, to include preparing all data and metrics for review, identifying gaps and scenarios that must be presented, facilitating decision making on open items and trade-offs, and ensuring action is taken on agreed to action items
- Recommend and maintain optimal inventory levels at various stages in the supply chain in order to achieve customer satisfaction levels as well as mitigate inventory exposure.
- Work in partnership with key leaders to plan the introduction of new products into the Supply Chain
- Analyze supply and demand issues and facilitate resolution throughout the supply chain.
- Assist in quantifying and defining scope for capacity, resource, logistics, and supply chain planning.
- Evaluate supplier delivery performance and capability, building into the S&OP process risk mitigating approaches to manage suppler performance variation.
- Maintain forecasts and manage links between systems for forecasting, master production scheduling, inventory management and product development utilizing various systems.
- Assist in the integration of acquisitions/new businesses into Kari-Outs sales and operations plans
- Aid in the implementation of a new company-wide ERP, to include integration of demand forecasts into the new system
Desired Education and Experience
- Highly experienced sales & operations planner with 7+ years of experience, preferably in dynamic industry with a complex product mix (make & buy)
- Proven track record of designing and implementing a highly effective S&OP process from the ground up and sustaining it over time
- Experience in forecasting as well as a “make and buy” business (manufacture goods as well as resale other purchased products)
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, planning skills and experience with the latest logistics & planning software
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain or a 4-year technical degree in related discipline.
- Building highly collaborative relationships across the company (team player)
- Strong ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing)
- Rapidly builds trust with fellow employees
- Effectively leading & influencing company-wide change in a small business environment
- High level of confidence, self-determination and self-management (gets stuff done)
- Detail oriented, tech savvy, willingness to continually learn and embrace new approaches
- Bias to action, calmly solves problems, follow-throughs, holds self & others accountable, willingness to do what it takes to get the job done