Maintenance Technician Portland, Oregon
Job Ref: 35853
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Technician to support our 2nd Shift. This individual will maintain and troubleshoot all machine and process systems both electrical and mechanical.
Shift Schedule: Monday – Thursday 4:30 PM – 3:00 AM; Overtime as needed.
• Performs routine maintenance of systems based on machine PM requirements.
• Maintains an accurate record of all PM activities
• Ability to install, maintain, and troubleshoot power distribution systems, branch circuits, Lighting systems, transformers, and wiring methods and materials
• Ability to install, maintain, and troubleshoot PLCs and relay ladder diagrams, control components– photo eyes, motors, starters, relays, Safety switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, DC drives and AC VFDs, tachometers, encoders, contractors, heating elements, flow meters
• Knowledge of PLC programs, ability to troubleshoot ladder logic (read and use for troubleshooting), components (CPU back plains, I/O boards, counters, modules, and devices) and communications modules (Ethernet)
• Develop and maintain a good working relationships across all levels in the organization
• Maintain Electrical & Controls Engineering specifications and procedures and compliance to established company standards and regulatory codes.
• Perform reviews of existing equipment and system to propose upgrades and replacements, and present findings and recommendations to operations and leadership.
• Provide technical support and troubleshooting to determine the root causes of equipment/operational issues to resolve quality and/or productivity issues.
• Identify and implement solutions to solve operational problems on equipment in support of Continuous Improvement initiatives.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
• Capable of researching and ordering equipment, components, and materials for plant projects
• Available for emergency repairs after hours.
• Experience with high speed production lines strongly preferred
• Knowledge of PLC's; wiring and programming experience.
• Ability to read and interpret schematics and blueprints.
• Must qualify for 24 hour Hazmat Technician.
• Work with high voltages and around moving equipment.
• Lift 50 lbs from floor, bend, twist, climb, crawl.
• Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
• Attention to detail and good math skills required.
• Pass post offer drug screen and physical.