Warehouse Supervisor Los Angeles, California
Job Ref: 35847
- Champion and participate in all company Safety and CI programs.
- Conduct safety and training meetings as required.
- Direct all activities of the Warehouse to include but not limited to shipping, receiving, sanitation, maintenance, inventory control, sealing station, balers, FEDEX shipments, etc.
- Provides development and training to subordinates.
- Oversee and maintain truck delivery and arrival times
- Responsible for all inbound shipments and oversees scheduled times for incoming raw materials.
- Manage monthly and year end fiscal inventory programs in warehouse.
- Generates the budget for fork trucks, balers, shipping and receiving docks and Sealing Station maintenance
- Schedule preventative maintenance on fork lift trucks, balers, shipping and receiving docks and sealing station and maintain records.
- Manage employee’s hours worked and PTO. which includes hours worked, PTO.
- Manage paper waste shipments through 3rd party vendor selected by Supply Chain
- Maintain the inventory accuracy for the LA facility.
- Monitor and correct, if needed, all materials residing in: Finished Goods warehouse, Raw Materials warehouse, In Process racks and the shop floor.
- Work with and become familiar with the BPCS system including the warehouse management features.
- Analyze to determine root cause and reconcile all inventory discrepancies
- Make corrective adjustments to BPCS inventory levels, when necessary, to balance book to floor inventory
- Create and participate in inventory cycle counts for all materials and finished goods. This would include shop floor materials and work in progress
- Process all RM Disposal Authorizations (RAD’s) in the EtQ database.
- Working with the Operations Group Leads, train the associates to be able to research and resolve inventory or inventory entry issues within BPCS
- Work with Planning, Customer Service and Finance to resolve all inventory errors or discrepancies.
- All other duties as assigned to support the success of the warehouse and plant.
Positions to be supervised include Baler, Inventory Clerk, Janitor, Material Handlers, Team Leads and Warehousers.
- 5 years of Warehouse supervisory experience
- Accounting experience is a plus
- Broad knowledge of Inventory Control
- Must be able to learn the operation and maintenance of balers, conveyors, taping machines, loading docks, powered doors, stretch wrappers and powered material handling equipment including, but not limited to, forklifts, roll grabbers and narrow aisle – wire guided equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, possess good inter-personal skills.
- Ability to effectively supervise others.
- Ability to understand and consistently apply all policies and procedures.
- Ability and willingness to take initiative to ensure shipping/warehouse/receiving departments run
- Must be self-motivated
- Must possess a basic understanding and ability to use Microsoft Office (Word/Excel).
- Must be able to understand basic math (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication)
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Must be able to use computer keyboard for data entry
- Must be able to speak, hear, see; sit for extended periods; bend/stoop, reach, pull and push
- Must be able to walk to and from office area to the manufacturing/shipping area
- Works in an office with normal office noise levels
- Will spend 50% of time on manufacturing floor and Warehouse with moderate noise levels which will require the use of personal protective equipment including (but not limited to) hearing protection, safety glasses and steel toe shoes.