PSM Coordinator Salt Lake City, Utah
Job Ref: 35846
Reports to Maintenance Manager
SUMMARY: Provides facility guidance for OSHA’s Process Safety Management Program. Responsible for developing and implementing necessary compliance programs and procedures. Performs maintenance, troubleshooting and repair work including, but not limited to: Industrial Ammonia systems, mechanical systems, electrical systems, pneumatic and hydraulic production systems and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. The successful candidate:
- Develops PSM program and procedures
- Participates in required PSM Audits and recommends correction or additional precautions to ensure compliance with established regulations.
- May assist in development, implementation and coordination of PSM training programs.
- Is able to read and interpret equipment manuals, drawings, schematics, blueprints, and work orders to perform required maintenance.
- Possesses strong understanding of facilities, systems, and component functions and relationships, and is competent in their troubleshooting and repair.
- Performs scheduled maintenance and repairs of NH3 Systems and equipment, including replacement of failed components such as bearings, belts, motors/compressors, valves and actuators, pumps, and power/control systems.
- Provides emergency repairs on production equipment to keep lines operational at all times.
- Performs scheduled maintenance and repairs of production equipment including replacement of failed components such as bearings, belts, motors, power/control lines, etc.
- Diagnoses problems and failures and repairs or replaces parts as required.
- Dismantles/disassembles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts, using specifications and/or blueprints, precision measuring instruments, and hand tools.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the work environment, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required or preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum five years of experience in an industrial maintenance capacity.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of federal and state regulations and best practices regarding PSM compliance.
- Minimum two years of experience installing/troubleshooting/repairing Industrial Ammonia systems and Equipment. Operator I Certification preferred (training can be made available)
- Having previously installed, troubleshot, and repaired electrical systems, including 480v and below, and control voltage/systems.
- Food or Medical plant experience is preferred, as well as knowledge of and compliance with GMP, and food manufacturing best practices.
- Basic hydraulics/pneumatics experience.
- Experience in a fast paced, cold, wet production environment.
- Able to interface and cooperate well with production line workers and supervisors, with a strong customer service mindset.
- Able to work autonomously, and advance projects and repairs in a decisive manner. Capable of communicating details of work to the Maintenance Manager.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Mandatory ability to speak, understand, read and write in English.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations preferred.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to perform your responsibilities in situations that are physically demanding, tight fitting, wide temperature ranging, and noisy. Must be able to lift/carry up to [50 pounds. Must be able to use ladders, scissor and aerial lifts, and climb stairs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but sometimes very loud. Space temperatures may range from below freezing to triple digits.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: Able to work extended work schedules including weekends and overtime.