Maintenance Lead Dallas, Texas
Job Ref: 35842
Need a Maintenance Lead who'll regularly work 5-6 days a week, season peaked about a month and a half ago, canning will be done around November/December then 4-5 days a week then from a line standpoint, then PM work and capital upgrades), might assist with troubleshooting at times, catch calls, will need desk time to do their planning for the night shift guys, etc.), expanding the plant in next 18 months.
Need a strong guy who can grow into a maintenance supervisor, answer calls on floor, direct rest of department – currently 4 mechanics – 24/6 days, food based plant – they're an essential business, small medium size facility (wants a strong person with a strong technical background, understand core systems, think ahead – plan production schedules, use Maximo as their work planning system or some similar system, inventory store room, write PO’s, they have boilers, pressed air systems, emergency generators), privately held company. They manufacture and ship out of this plant, 2.5 billion a year. It was robust before the pandemic but it’s even more so now. 100 employees at this plant.
They’ve broken records here mostly driven by Covid, they've been shorting orders as they can’t produce as much as the demand dictates, production 6 days a week, maintenance has to be there 24/7, will be a 10 hour shift on 5-6 days a week, MUST have food processing, familiar with CMMS preferably with Maximo (JD Edwards, SAP, Redzone knowledge is also okay), the Operations Manager wants heavy electrical and/or electronics experience, process control/relay logic, VFD’s, motor starters, overloads, temp controls, pressure control, level control, on Allen Bradley PLC's. Will do their best to keep this Lead at 5 days a week but if a line goes down or someone goes on vacation, this Lead will have to step in.
Ops Manager wants someone who can speak the technical language, will typically work either 3 pm – 1 am or 4 pm – 2 am – must be fluid on shift if need be, be intelligent enough to know when he needs to be there (can he walk someone thru the problem or does he need to be there?), will be on call. Wants a senior mechanic who people are following, strong in plumbing and mechanics, well rounded, must also be technically saavy in the office in terms of work orders, etc.. 30/hr – 40/hr, must be able to weld (use Stick or Mig – will weld stainless steel, (says that vinegar eats thru everything else so stainless steel is necessary). Should be familiar with questions about inputs/outputs, how does a VFD work? Wants a Lead or senior level Mechanic who is willing to do what others won’t do, the former Lead guy moved up in position. The Ops Manager wants someone who enjoys mentoring and training and seeing his guys do better and advance.
SUMMARY: The Maintenance Team Lead is responsible for maintaining building structures and systems, grounds, sanitation, wastewater, fabrication, forklift repair and set up and repairs of production and support equipment. This position is also responsible for scheduling work assignments with direction from the Maintenance Supervisor, Operations manager, to department personnel ensuring timely completion of all maintenance to buildings, equipment, and grounds with the expectation to catch all shifts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage general repairs such as: carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting, welding and other associated jobs
- Fabricate and modify parts as needed for plant and production equipment.
- Manage changeovers and repairs of the production lines
- Document all tasks performed; maintenance, repairs and inspections
- Maintain proper usage of inventory system and Maximo CMMS.
- Recommend changes/ additions to PMs, job plans, safety programs and SOPs.
- Ensure job assignments are scheduled to personnel by priority and review work performed for completeness and proper technique.
- Provide quarterly feedback to Maintenance Supervisor in regards to improper work performance
- Order the shutdown of equipment and/or personnel work stoppage due to:
- Unacceptable safety conditions
- Mechanical problems which would be detrimental to the equipment if allowed to continue operating
- Assist Purchasing Agent in maintaining and identifying proper levels of stock items.
- Conducts or participates in Root Cause Analysis Sessions
- Supports 5s focus areas in the facility
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5-7 years of related manufacturing experience, preferably in the food industry.
- Knowledge of computer systems including Microsoft Office Suite, ERP and CMMS programs.
- Ability to source repair parts and order when necessary
- Ability to troubleshoot machinery and support systems.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and electrical ladder diagrams
- Proper usage of hand and power tool, shop and industrial machines
- Fabrication and welding experience is desired
- Communicate and work well with others through mentoring and coaching.
- Offer delegation to accomplish maintenance department goals
- Ability to program and troubleshoot PLC’s
- Heavy lifting required up to 75lbs with or without reasonable accommodation is required.