Project Engineer York, Pennsylvania
Job Ref: 35836
The Project Engineer is responsible for working within the Engineering department to provide all plants the necessary tools to improve production efficiency to the highest level possible through project implementation. Working with other engineers, the Project Engineer manages the implementation and start-up of projects with in the plants. The Project Engineer also evaluates our process and makes recommendations for improvement, utilizing either existing processes or new technology to achieve this goal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Design mechanical layouts.
- Determine lay out of process flows.
- Manage the implementation of capital projects including developing scope, budget and installation.
- Interact with vendors in both development and implementation of projects.
- Write complete and detailed technical specifications and operation procedures.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with Production, Sanitation, Shipping, and Office individuals utilizing them as part of a project team that will yield success for projects.
- Develop a network of contacts to help identify problem areas and assist in finding solutions.
- Leverage online resources to help identify and implement process solutions.
The Project Engineer has no supervisory responsibilities
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent verbal, written, and group presentation communication skills.
- Strong knowledge and technical competence in fabrication and design of equipment and product flow.
- Strong working knowledge of packaging equipment.
- Strong troubleshooting skills in both mechanical and electrical areas.
- Strong leadership skills for energizing a multifunctional team to complete projects through implementation and training.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum high school diploma or GED
- 5 to 10 years of experience in a food plant environment.
- B.S. in Engineering preferred (B.S. ME or B.S. Industrial Engineering). Others will be accepted on a case by case basis.
- Computer software skills – Word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, CADD and E-mail.
Up to 25% travel Post COVID
All other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands and Work Environment While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to grasp, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, stand, stoop, kneel and crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.