Maintenance Supervisor Memphis, Tennessee
Job Ref: 35806
Our client is a well-established organization within the food ingredients industry. They are seeking a bright Maintenance Supervisor who is ready to enhance their knowledge and skills-base within industrial maintenance, and – after receiving the necessary training & experience – move into a management role. This is an excellent opportunity looking to advance their career and become a long-term contributor to a rock-solid organization. If that's you, apply today!
- Brand new position. Created with ultimate goal of grooming this individual into a Maintenance Manager over a 3-5 year period
- Two-prong operation: 1) Fermentation/production/batch processing of yeast/baking ingredients, 2) Packaging of finished product
- 24/7 operation on fermentation/production side, 24/5+ operation on packaging side
- Maintenance Dept breakdown: 4-5 shift mechanics, 2 welders, 1 instrumentation/controls tech, 1 maintenance helper
- Reporting Structure: Plant Mgr>Engineering Mgr>*Maintenance Sup/Lead>Mechanics, Welders, I&E Tech, Helper
- *Maint Sup doesn’t exist yet, but this is where they will fit
- Most prevalent equipment & machinery found in plant: Pumps, motors, gearboxes, flow valves, cooling towers (glycol & chilled water), 2 boilers, bio-gas processing eqmt, barge dock (new), LOTS OF PLCS/CONTROLS.
- Maintenance team responsible for maintenance & repair of both production/packaging equipment & machinery and facilities
- CMMS system in place for PM/maintenance scheduling
- Sound foundation of mechanical & electrical troubleshooting skills with exposure to as much of the equipment list above as possible
- Experience in the food processing/packaging, chemical or personal care mfg industry strongly preferred
- Exposure to batch processing environment (food ingredients, chemicals, cosmetics) a huge plus
- Above average PLC troubleshooting skills and desire/willingness to learn how to program from scratch required. Facility has a lot of PLCs/controls, want someone who can learn to modify/write code prior to transitioning into Maint Mgr role down the road
- Must have exposure and strong skills with CMMS. Will be responsible for all maintenance/PM, scheduling, etc.
- Absolutely must be hands-on. Lallemand is an “all hands on deck” operation, especially right now. Maint Sup – and even eventually when they are Maint Mgr – will need to turn wrenches and get hands dirty on a daily basis. This is not an office job.
- MUST BE WILLING TO BE ON CALL AT ALL TIMES. Primary hours are 8am-5pm Mon-Fri, bu will have to be very flexible with schedule/hours, will be required to come in during off hours at night, weekends, etc.
- Strong electro-mechanical aptitude to pick up and master new things quickly