Packaging Operator 1 Vista, California
Job Ref: 35804
Primarily responsible for duties associated with the packaging operation to include machine monitoring, finished product packaging inspections, manual assembly, and pack-outs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Follows department procedures, batch record instructions and cGMP guidelines at all times
• Follows verbal instructions from department Lead, Manager or other authorized personnel
• Responsible for first level quality control of product through in-process monitoring and/or visual inspections
• Performs various types of manual pack-outs, such as bottle packing, consumers, reworks, etc.
• Performs disassembly and reassembly of equipment to include washing and sanitization of equipment, main packaging room, floors, walls, etc.
• Performs tasks associated with the preparation of the packaging lines; such as issuing and verifying materials to the packaging batch record/line
• Meets performance standards for quality, productivity, reliability, initiative, safety and work relationships
• Complies with the organization’s policies and procedures as well as state, federal and local laws
• Fully complies with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and health and safety regulations
• Other duties as assigned
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Position requires the ability to stoop, bend over, reach and manipulate objects repetitively while standing for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs following the company's safety policy
• Occasionally may require to lift >50 lbs using assistance and following the company's safety policy
• Excellent eyesight and general physical health is required
• Ability to physically respond quickly to developments on the production line.
• Must complete all required cGMP and EH&S Training Curriculum to include additional training in accordance to federal and state standards
• May be required to train new packaging personnel or temporary employee on packaging process
• Must attend all department training sessions/meetings
• Must be able to make decisions during the packaging operation in order to avoid product failures or line downtime
• Must be able to make the decision to stop a production line if defective product is being produced and report to Management.
Effectively communicate with co-workers, Management and support departments on a daily basis
Various packaging/lines and ancillary equipment, hoists, pallet lifts, manual pallet jacks, powered pallet jacks, carts, trash compactors, etc.
• Mainly, the packaging area of the manufacturing facility where exposed to computerized equipment, moving mechanical parts, forklifts, pallet jacks, heavy pallets, moderate to loud noise level, and some air-borne dust and powders.
• While working, will be required to wear various Personal Protective Equipment, such as hair net restraints, face mask, gloves, uniform and safety glasses, for example.
• Required: High School Diploma or GED
• English literacy (be able to effectively communicate in English)
• Basic math skills; must be able to use a calculator and compute basic math equations
• Basic Mechanical aptitude
• Preferred: Knowledge of cGMP’s and/or 1 year work experience in a packaging or manufacturing environment.
Company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.