Process Operator 1 Tableting Vista, California
Job Ref: 35803
Primarily responsible for the duties associated with compression of blended materials.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Functions:
• Under general supervision, performs duties associated with manufacturing operations involved with compression of blended material.
• By end of orientation period, must demonstrate competency in assembling, operating, disassembling, and cleaning compression equipment.
• Follows batch record instructions and guidelines from SOP’s and training manuals.
• Accurately completes required paperwork and documentation, including basic math calculations such as % yield and tare weight.
• Monitors and inspects product quality during processing.
• Disassembles, cleans, sanitizes, and reassembles equipment.
• Able to adjust functional parts and instrument controls.
• Reports process or equipment problems to supervisor; performs minor or basic troubleshooting.
• Cleans and maintains processing rooms and equipment.
• Attends all company training sessions.
• Meets performance standards for quality, productivity, reliability, initiative, safety, and work relationships.
• Carries out all responsibilities in compliance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and state, federal, and local laws. Fully complies with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP’s) and health and safety regulations.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop and kneel; talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and stand.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
• Lifting requirement: Up to the maximum safety-recommended 50 pounds
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made upon request to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Mainly encapsulation and/or tableting areas of manufacturing facility where exposed to computerized equipment, moving mechanical parts, forklifts, heavy pallets, moderate to loud noise level, and air-borne dust and powders. While working, will be required to wear various personal protective equipment (e.g., clothing, hair net, face mask, gloves, goggles, etc.).
• High school diploma or GED; English literacy
• At least one year of manufacturing experience related to solid dosage technology; knowledge of cGMP’s preferred.
• Basic math computation skills using a calculator are required.
• The ability to speak, read, write, and understand English- verbal and written instructions, SOP's and batch records.
• Mechanical aptitude as demonstrated by to dissemble and reassemble machine for cleaning.
Company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.