Production Supervisor Ontario, California
Job Ref: 35785
Tube and Core plant,
Leader in industrial packaging products and services-
Supervises employees in various departments and complies with all safety, quality, productivity, and housekeeping standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manages all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the company's accounting policies and financial control procedures.
• Ensures that Subordinates are trained and aware of the requirements of the Standards of Business Conduct Policy.
• Supervises all personnel and operations on day shift.
• Maintains thorough knowledge of all processes and equipment.
• Reports any process and equipment problems. Calls the proper level of management as needed for assistance with problems.
• Organizes work for smooth operations.
• Ensures that established policies, procedures, rules and regulations are followed.
• Verifies correct processing of orders on the shift.
• Drives quality system.
• Distributes plant status reports to the leadership team.
• Partners with shipping to ensure optimal product flow.
• Supervises all processes, equipment, employees, safety and housekeeping of the area. Meets production quality and quantity standards on the shift.
• Drives change with Lead Operators to encourage production goals are met in a timely fashion.
• Works with HR on employee attendance and performance related items.
• Assists lines in maintaining line boards to track down time, productivity, waste, and improvement opportunities.
• Verifies accuracy of Production Reports.
• Troubleshoots problems.
• Drives safety oriented culture. Safety experiences/successes.
• Productivity Improvements and initiatives in Supervisory role(s).
• Hands on Leadership style.
• Team Building and driving Cultural Improvement.
• REQUIRED – High School diploma, G.E.D. or skilled trade certification in area of specialty or at least 5 or more years’ experience in related field.
• Requires overall general knowledge of different equipment in different departments and plant processes.
• Ability to effectively manage people; excellent communication skills a must.
• Ability to proficiently work under intense deadlines.