Die Maker / Tool Room Supervisor Concord, North Carolina
Job Ref: 35784
Making Dies From Scratch is required
MUST HAVE A JOURNEYMAN DIE & TOOL CERTIFICATION FOR THIS ROLE!!!
Metal Stamping Dies & Supervisory Skills
Making Dies from Scratch
Must have expereince with AutoCad, Solidworks OR Gibbs Cam
Job Title: Tool Room Supervisor & Die Maker Job Classification:
Company: Legrand, Concord
Role: Responsible for all functions of the internal tool room including management of personnel, work flow through the shop, prioritization, selection of new equipment, shop 5S program and apprenticeship program. Working with engineering, this person will instruct tool makers and machinists on how to repair and improve tooling. Responsible for designing and implementing improvements and repairs to Progressive Stamping Dies. Fabricate complex die components using CNC mill, EDM and other equipment.
- Organization: Supervisor competency model
- Main Interface: Internal – Manufacturing at all levels, engineering and quality assurance teams. External – customers, auditors, vendors and suppliers.
- Budget: responsible for maintaining tool room budget
- Main Job Duties:
- Prioritize the workflow through the tool room
- Specify equipment needed to improve the shop output and technology
- Manage 11 direct reports over 2 shifts
- Maintain and improve 5S program in shop
- Work directly with engineering to determine surface finish, venting, gate design, etc
- Participate in all tooling design reviews
- Maintain tooling build standards
- Coordinate all tooling projects with outside vendors
- Evaluate outside tool shops and maintain a list of qualified suppliers
- Program and operate wire EDM machine.
- Operate CNC milling machines.
- Diagnose problematic progressive stamping dies and implement corrective actions.
- Reverse engineer/design stamping die components from part prints.
- Develop creative solutions to improve die performance.
- Assist with new equipment selection to improve the shop output and technology.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required.
- Education: Certified Journeyman Die Maker through accredited program
- Experience: Minimum 5 years of related work experience
Must have strong knowledge of progressive stamping dies
Make drawings using AutoCAD
Proficient in at least one CAM software package – Gibbs CAM preferred
Must have ability to run CNC mill, CNC lathe, surface grinder, sinker EDM and other regular tool room processes
Knowledge of Solid works or other solid modeling packages preferred.
Must have working knowledge of tool room processes
Requires strong organizational and time management skills, close attention to detail and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities.
Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to efficiently summarize information in an effective manner.
Must be able to work independently as well as within a variety of teams. Must be highly collaborative to ensure timely completion of projects