Planning Manager Vista, California
Job Ref: 35779
Education Level Associates Degree
Travel Percentage Negligible
Job Shift 1st Shift
Job Category Purchasing – Procurement
Directs Planners, Master Scheduler and Material Coordinator team to establish production schedules and ensure that actual production meets scheduled requirements. Responsibilities include controlling various load factors to ensure maximum usage of available capacity taking into account available labor, tools & equipment. Coordinate production and product specification requirements for finished products and the needs for materials and labor.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Create a Master Production Schedule that satisfies customer demand with optimum inventory levels & resource utilization.
* Establish production schedules including material procurement and supplier manufacturing schedules.
* Coordinate customer requirements with Sales & Marketing and manufacturing resources.
* Accountable for maintaining all delivery commitments to customers.
* Assist with revenue and delivery forecasts based on the Master Schedule and capacity utilization.
* Establish and maintain a "working line of communication" with all company functions.
* Follow up on actual-against-scheduled production and prepare completion reports.
* Analyze the supply and demand balance for products, determine out-of-balance conditions, identifying alternatives and recommending action(s) for approval.
* Develop and manage annual functional budget for the Planning/Master Scheduling organization.
* Participate in physical inventories as necessary.
* Participate in management projects and other ad hoc analyses as needed.
* Miscellaneous functional or global projects or tasks as assigned.
* Supervise two or more Production Planners and/or Master Scheduler and Material Coordinator.
* The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
* Lifting requirement: Choose a Lifting Requirement for this Position
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made upon request to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
* See Qualifications section.
* As required to execute Duties and Responsibilities.
* Assists in monitoring the Planning department budget.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Compute, copier, printer.
* Computer workstation and climate-controlled office environment. May occasionally enter production areas where personal protective equipment might be required to prevent or lessens exposure to airborne-borne powdered nutritional supplement substances.
* AAS or BS Degree in Business Administration or Economics or equivalent work experience.
* APICS certification is highly desired.
* Must have 10 years industry experience in manufacturing scheduling & planning.
* Must be familiar with Bills of Material & Router maintenance along with an understanding of production scheduling & control.
* Must understand and be able to manage a project schedule for non-recurring activities.
* Must understand production flow principles and processes.
* Familiarity with all Microsoft Applications. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Previous management experience in a high volume environment.
* Project Leadership skills is a plus.
Company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.