Quality Assurance Lead Fall Creek, Wisconsin
Job Ref: 35740
Night shift 6 pm – 6 am (12 hour shift) on 2-2-3 schedule, every other weekend is required
- Monday, Tuesday: work
- Wednesday, Thursday: off
- Friday-Sunday: work
- Monday, Tuesday: off
- Wednesday, Thursday: work
- Friday – Sunday: off
The Lead will be over 2 QA Techs, and they can realistically advance to a Supervisor role in the next 2 years or so, they have 2 QA Supervisors now. They work on a 2-2-3 schedule so the Lead will get a built in 8 hours of OT every other week (48 hours one week, 36 hours the next week and so on, this equates to about $20,800 ($20/hr at 1040 hours a year) and an additional $31,200 ($30/hr OT at 1040 hours a year) for a total of about $52,000 a year). Company doesn't expect that this Lead will work much OT above this. There is an annual review which averages about 3% a year.
Will accrue 136 hours of PTO a year which equates to 17 days, not including holidays of which they get 7 paid holidays a year, they do work on holidays at times and if employee does work a holiday they’ll get double time.
Good benefits – medical, dental, 401k at 3% match, will have a choice of a low premium/high deductible or higher premium/lower deductible, whichever suits employee better (benefits summary is available).
The Quality Assurance Lead is to ensure food safety, cleanliness, and quality of products in accordance with company Mission and Values; working with Commitment, Honesty and Integrity, Pride, be Adaptable and Innovative.
- Assist the Quality Assurance Manager to develop, implement and maintain programs related to providing safe and high-quality foods (ex: food safety plans, environmental monitoring, hold & release etc.).
- Assist with developing and facilitating trainings on quality programs for managers and employees.
- Communicate non-conformances, trends and compliance information to managers and supervisors, providing instruction or recommendation on action to be taken.
- Assist with managing QA functions and staff at the direction of the QA Manager/Supervisor.
- Coordinate sample preparation, testing and shipment.
- Manage QA staff to include work direction and guidance, career growth and development, proficiency/skill testing, performance management, scheduling, ensuring safe work practices, etc.
- Respond to customer complaints, exercising a high level of customer service throughout the process and partnering with other facilities as needed.
- Oversee Sanitation, ensuring proper sanitation procedures are being followed to produce a safe and high-quality product.
- Quality inspections to include ingredient inspections, GMP audits, etc.
Education, Experience, Qualities and Skills Required:
- 1-2 years quality experience in a food production setting.
- HACCP certified.
- Experience with SQF or other relevant 3rd party audits.
- SQF Practitioner Certified or able to become certified.
- PCQI Certified or able to become certified.
- Strong sensory skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Chemistry or Food Science.
- Dairy industry experience.
- Experience in management.
- Sanitation background.
- Shift flexibility.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to work repetitiously.
- Ability to stand for long periods at a time.
- Able to work inside a freezer or cooler and in cheese processing environment temperatures (45– 52 degrees F).
- Able to work with tree nuts, milk, and egg.