Sanitation Manager Richmond, Virginia
Job Ref: 35621
As part of Manufacturing, you’ll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you’ll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
The Sanitation Manager is to be knowledgeable in the operation of the food facility, food microbiology, the role of cleaning compounds and sanitizers, and the application of pesticides. This individual should have an understanding of the principles of food safety, pest control and regulatory requirements pertaining to a food manufacturing facility. The Sanitarian is the plant liaison with regulatory agencies such as FDA, IDPH and EPA. The sanitarian coordinates the activities of the Quality auditing group, responsibilities include all systems and facility audits.
This person ensures that department employees follow all Bakery, local, state and federal health and safety rules and regulations including EPA and OSHA. They are responsible for the health and safety of all department employees.
- Supervise 22 hourly union employees coordinating structural cleaning, janitorial cleaning, lawn care and environmental cleaning.
- Analyze critical sanitary situations and monitor follow-up with all functional groups, reporting to management any shortcomings.
- Conduct and reinforce GMP training.
- Interface with Division and regulatory agencies (FDA, EPA, OSHA).
- Inspect, review and sign off on all Engineering projects for sanitary design.
- Lead element 7, health and hygiene control of KSRMP and support elements 5 Regulatory compliance and element 12 Hazardous Materials.
- Ensures all employees under his or her supervision receive all mandated safety training.
- Ensure the efficacy of an integrated pest control program by:
- Acting as fumigation coordinator
- Monitoring the efficacy of pest control programs
- Monitor the use of herbicides for safety, efficacy of application and conformance to FIFRA.
- Conduct Bloodborne Pathogen Training and Confined Space Entry Training.
- Coordinate solid waste recycling programs, investigate new technologies and regulations, review, write and update as necessary EHS cleaning procedures
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- 5 Years of Relevant Work Experience Required