Maintenance Supervisor San Leandro,
Job Ref: 35070
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Supervisor
STATUS: Exempt, At Will
REPORTS TO: Engineering/Maintenance Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: Maintenance Team Members
ROLE: Under the direction of the department manager, the Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for coordinating and supervising the work of employees in the general maintenance and upkeep of production equipment and facility (buildings and grounds). Additional commitments include (but not limited to) those listed in “Duties and Responsibilities”.
- Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Must be proficient in communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must be proficient in math skills.
- Must have proficient analytical skills.
- Must have proficient problem solving skills.
- Must be proficient and have organizational skills and be able to manage multiple projects and maintenance situations.
- Understanding of PLC logic controls
- Understanding of VFD and motor control
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine electrical requirements for equipment installations
- Understanding of troubleshooting skills in both electrical and mechanical.
- Understanding of pneumatics and hydraulic system operations
- Knowledgeable in the use of tool room machinery such as MIG and/or TIG weld, Lathes, Drill Press, Band Saw, and other metal working machinery
- Ability to drive a fork lift is preferred
- Must have excellent training and coaching skills, must be able to motivate and or discipline Team Members as and when needed.
- Must be self-motivated. Able to initiate action to correct deficiencies.
- Must be an excellent team player.
- Must have computers skills to include MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience with production/manufacturing equipment in a maintenance (preferred) or production capacity
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a supervisory or leadership position.
- Must Be Bi-lingual (English – Spanish).
- Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner
- Method of training: On the job training
- Technical training on the operation and maintenance of the equipment, ongoing.
- General Job responsibilities – orientation and review.
- Review Job Description.
- GMP’s Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintenance SOPs
- Employee handbook of Company rules and regulations.
- Will receive general training and orientation that will include (but not limited to):
-Plant Safety and Emergency Procedures
-OSHA Required Safety Programs.
-LOTO –Lock out/Tag-out procedures
– Chemical Handling Training
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the proper training of new and current employees.
- Responsible for ensuring that equipment is being properly maintained.
- Responsible for ensuring that equipment does not exceed downtime standards.
- Responsible for documenting equipment malfunctions and scheduling repairs.
- Responsible for verify that the preventive maintenance program is effective and meets Production’s needs.
- Focal point for production supervisors and leads on communicating machine status and escalation
- Responsible for working with QA to address any food safety issues
- Responsible to work with sanitation department in identifying new methods for cleaning as to protect equipment from water damage.
- Responsible for writing and implementing procedures when required.
- Review data off E21 (TGI, ERP) and develop plans to reduce downtime and machine failures.
- Work with parts department in parts identification
- Responsible to insure all paper work (PM checklist, work orders, parts request, etc.) is properly filled out and that the information is accurate
- Responsible to watch over maintenance shop to ensure it is cleaned, organized and maintained to meet food safety standards.
- Responsible for maintaining a proactive approach to identify and resolve potential problems.
- Responsible for enforcing maintenance department SOPs.
- Responsible for enforcing the Safety Program and Safety Procedures.
- Responsible for enforcing policy and procedures as listed on the Employee Handbook.
- Responsible for enforcing the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Responsible for tracking employees attendance
- Responsible for keeping all mechanics motivated, productive and well informed.
- Responsible for promoting teamwork at all levels.
- Troubleshoot and repair of problem equipment
- Responsible for all equipment upgrades and improvements from design, documentation and installation.
- Responsible for performing other tasks as instructed by Manager.
- Working Conditions:
- Continual walking and standing on hard surface, climbing and descending steps.
- Continual bending, stooping, reaching, pulling, pushing and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Exposed to cool, hot temperatures and noise.
- Must be able to stand and sit (desk) for long periods of time
- Temperatures ranging to very warm conditions
- Loud noises generated from equipment
- May be required to work nights and weekends (when needed).