Technician: Equipment & Maintenance El Segundo, California
Job Ref: 33335
Need one for 2nd shift (2:30 pm – 11 pm) and one for 3rd shift (10:45 pm – 6:15 am), .50/hr shift differential for 2nd shift and 1/hr shift differential for 3rd shift. Perm Resident status is fine, should be good with PM's, will work on automated feeder type bowls, $16/hr – $18/hr, will take 1 to 3 years of experience. They have 5 mechanics in maintenance area now.
Once converted employees get access to medical/dental, 401k match, spending account, life insurance, 2 weeks vacation, 5 days sick pay.
Designs, develops, tests and installs equipment and equipment modifications under the direction of senior, operations and plating management. Additional duties of this position are to lay out, build, test, troubleshoot, repair, or modify production equipment and systems with numerical controls applying principles and theories of electronics, electrical circuitry, engineering mathematics, and electronic and electrical testing.
This position will assist in maintaining plating systems including: the precious metals plating line; hand plating line; selective plating equipment; waste water treatment systems; air handling systems; part cleaning systems; parts handling and storage systems; precious metals reclaim systems; and water recirculation de-ionization systems
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates with management and other plating members in regular systems reviews to ascertain the need for system improvements, systems modifications; systems expansion; or systems maintenance.
- When system improvements, modifications, or additions are required, reviews project instructions and then, designs, fabricates, and assembles new or modified equipment and or measuring instruments.
- Develops plating systems maintenance procedures and checklists.
- Supervisors and manages timely and accurate completion of maintenance procedures
- Performs or assists in performance of maintenance procedures as required.
- Check function(s) of equipment to evaluate performance.
- Inspects and tests mechanical, electrical and electronic equipment and controls to diagnose malfunction using test equipment and hand tools.
- Reads blueprints, manufacturing instructions and schematic drawings to determine repair procedures.
- May align, adjust, and/or calibrate equipment according to manufacturing specifications, blueprints or schematics.
- Dismantles machine and disconnects controls, using appropriate hand tools.
- Starts and runs newly installed or repaired machines or equipment to verify readiness for operations.
- Provides necessary services associated with rearrangement, relocation and new installations of machinery and equipment.
- Must be able to perform preventative maintenance and emergency repair service as required and directed.
- Must be able to maintain clean, well-organized work area while performing all assigned tasks in a manner consistent with company safety and environmental requirements.
- Perform all other related duties and functions as assigned.
Skills and/or Experience Needed:
- Two years experience in a plating facility or equivalent work environment
- Two years hands-on work experience in electro-chemical maintenance or mechanical maintenance, or similar
- Working knowledge of the technical aspects of electricity, mechanics and plating processes.
- 2 years experience in manufacturing environment maintaining and repairing machinery and equipment.
- Language Skills:
- Must be able to communicate in English both written and verbal
- Must be able to read, write, analyze, and interpret general business reports, procedures, and/or regulations.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to generate routine reports and correspondence.
- Must be able to comprehend and follow instructions.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- This position uses a computer terminal to access, input, and retrieve data. May require the occasional lifting or moving of items in excess of 25 pounds.
- May require irregular or extended work hours.
- May be subject to loud noises
- May handle hazardous materials and chemicals.
- Routinely stands, walks, sits, stoops, reaches, and bends.